RedHat /Implicit/default connection(s)

Thomas HUMMEL thomas.hummel at pasteur.fr
Tue Apr 30 17:54:20 UTC 2024

On 4/29/24 20:35, Thomas HUMMEL wrote:

> So thanks all for your help and sorry I was slow to get it on this one
> but I was confused by all the moving parts involved (and actually
> confused Wired Connection with Wired Connection n)

Hello,

it turns out a lot were indeed involved:

1. BOOTIF= cmdline made NM dracut module create 'Wired Connection'
profile at cmdline stage
2. my provisionning software (xCAT) set 'netroot=xcat' at cmdline stage
3. NM dracut module called /usr/sbin/netroot with ifname as arg searched
in the statedir at initqueue/settled stage
4.netroot constructs a handler name from netroot value and executes a
script installed by xcat (/usr/sbin/xcatroot) which creates the
ifcf-enp33s0f0 without a NAME attribute, which NM id's as 'System enp33s0f0'

thank again for your help

--
TH