[Nice] SIP forking?

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk
Thu Jun 19 12:22:47 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm in the process of fixing the candidate-setting API in Farsight2. One
issue where I am not certain how to proceed is SIP forking, since
libnice doesn't support it yet.

I guess one would have to set more than one set of remote candidates and
do connectivity checks with them before selecting the set that will be
picked?

Or would be call set_remote_candidates() with one set of candidates...
and then if its not the one that's chosen, do a ICE restart and re-set
the candidates from the chosen partner?

Do we know if other ICE implementation do it and how they do it?

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk
Collabora Ltd