[Nice] Gracefull fallback, renegotiations?

Kai.Vehmanen at nokia.com Kai.Vehmanen at nokia.com
Tue Jun 24 00:02:58 PDT 2008

Hi,

On 20 June 2008,  Olivier Crête wrote:
>> Well, you need one per component, so it would have to be
>> nice_agent_fallback(agent, streamid, componentid, remote_cand), but
>> you also need to select the local candidates I guess. I'm not really
>> certain what a nice, simple api would be.
>
>What if you have IPv6 and IPv4 local candidates or candidates
>on different interfaces, I guess in this case you'd need to
>select the local candidate too..

that's a good point.

>Maybe we should allow set_selected_pair() first (and same the
>name of the candidates) and then set the remote candidates and
>if they match, not do connectivity checks, but start sending
>immediately. Would that sound good?

Hmm, that's a bit messy (you'd pass an remote candidate id
that the library doesn't yet know about). How about if we
simply provide a new fallback function that both selects
the local candidate, and describes a remote candidates  (so
a combination of set_remote_candidates and set_selected_pair)...?
The same function could be later on be used to change either
the local (or remote) candidate (without accidentally restarting
ICE processing).

--
first.surname at nokia.com (Kai Vehmanen)