[Nice] unexported symbols in libnice used in test code

Youness Alaoui youness.alaoui at collabora.co.uk
Tue Aug 25 11:53:09 PDT 2009

Hi,

Sorry for the late response.. Well about this issue, I see a few solutions :
1 - do not build the unit tests since they're totally unnecessary (on
windows, we don't build them either)
2 - build the unit tests while exporting all the symbols so they would
build and you can do 'make check' to make sure everything works.. But
when you build the final library you would be using in your application,
then have only the symbols in libnice.sym exported!

The thing is that the unit test code is using non public API to test
very small specific parts of the code, which is why it's using
non-exported symbols from the public API.

by the way, as far as I know, the test code should link directly with
the .a not with the .so, so it wouldn't matter what functions are
exported in the .so, no ?

I hope that helps,

Youness.