[Nice] Regarding LibNice build for Android

Youness Alaoui youness.alaoui at collabora.co.uk
Mon Aug 6 11:47:03 PDT 2012

Hi Jyoti,

I basically know nothing about android (apart that it's google's OS), but I've
asked my colleagues who works on android ports for advice.
Libnice is part of the telepathy port to android and it should be working
properly. Those repositories you linked to seem to be the proper ones for the
android port.
As for makefiles, you shouldn't need to write one if you use androgenizer (see
http://cgit.collabora.com/git/android/androgenizer.git/tree/README.txt )
And here's some more insight from my colleague Alvaro Soliverez :

- if he wants only libnice, he will have to craft a main jni/Android.mk himself.
But libnice's repo has all he needs to build libnice on Android
- he will need the main makefile to glue all dependencies together. In our case,
that's in the telepathy-android repo
- for Android apps, you use bundle, no dynamic lib linking
- so you get all your deps, plus your app, and build it altogether
- (simplifying, for the sake of brevity)

I hope that's enough to help you get in the right direction. If you need more
info, let me know, I'll try to see what else can be done to help you.

Youness.