[Nice] R: R: R: R: R: patches for gsocket support and gtk-doc missing

Youness Alaoui youness.alaoui at collabora.co.uk
Mon Mar 12 11:41:55 PDT 2012

Yes || true would fix it for your case, but it wouldn't help in case an actual
error happens for someone who has gtk-doc installed.
Also, this is much more complicated than it seems, first, it's not just about
the gtk-doc.make, it's also about the m4 needed by the configure script, if
--enable-gtk-doc option was given, it would probably give an error because the
configure macro wasn't properly substituted.
In order to fix this properly, a lot more changes would be needed, and honestly,
I see absolutely no advantages to doing that. This is completely useless for the
users because they don't need gtk-doc to be installed since the Makefile.in and
configure scripts are already generated in the tarballs, and the doc is
pre-generated and also included in the tarballs. So this is purely for
developers using the git version, and I believe developers should simply have
gtk-doc installed.
For those reasons, I'm sorry but I will reject that patch, I don't see any
advantages to it, and it will just be an ugly hack to work around installing a
needed tool.
As for gtk-doc.make, on linux it's a symlink to
/usr/share/gtk-doc/data/gtk-doc.make, and it's also included in any release
tarball, so you could just copy it from there if you wanted.

Thanks,
Youness.