[Nice] Reliable UDP

Youness Alaoui youness.alaoui at collabora.co.uk
Fri Mar 23 15:10:55 PDT 2012

Hi,

I never tried the reliable mode (TCP over UDP) for RTP data since RTP is meant
to work behind UDP.
I don't see how your FEC is going to be used if you use reliable mode since
there will never be any loss of packets. Other issue you might have is that the
retransmissions could cause latencies that you do not want to see in an RTP stream.
You would also have to check nice_agent_send return value and listen to the
writable signal and stop encoding while the output buffer is full, etc...

Why do you want to do that ?

Youness.