[Nice] Request for review: MS-TURN TCP transport support

Youness Alaoui youness.alaoui at collabora.co.uk
Mon Nov 19 17:17:48 PST 2012

Hi Jakub,

Surprising as always! there's a lot of patches in there. I unfortunately don't
have time to review these right now. I had a quick look and there are a couple
of bugs I saw, also, I disagree with the multiplexing of the rtp/rtcp in libnice
(even through that callback function). I think it's better to simply let the
application handle it directly through the recv callback.
Also, the set_stream_transport, I'm not sure at all about that. You will usually
always want a single transport that supports both udp and tcp candidates. You
should have a look at the work-in-progress ice-tcp implementation that George
Kiagiadakis and me did a few months ago :
http://cgit.collabora.com/git/user/gkiagia/libnice.git/log/?h=tcp-so

Basically, the compatibility mode defines whether or not tcp is to be used, and
it applies to all streams. (if you want one udp stream and one tcp stream, then
use two different agents).
This is a much better solution in my opinion and it will also prevent breaking
the API.
I might get some time to review this properly next month.

Thanks!
Youness.