[Nice] migrating from 0.0.13 to 0.1.3 and Retransmissions failed, giving up on connectivity check 0x94c2000

Youness Alaoui youness.alaoui at collabora.co.uk
Tue Oct 9 13:46:09 PDT 2012

On 10/09/2012 04:41 PM, Rohan Garg wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 2:05 AM, Federico Kouyoumdjian
> <fedekp at autistici.org> wrote:
>> We are seeing messages like "libnice-DEBUG: Agent 0x9442900 :
>> Retransmissions failed, giving up on connectivity check 0x94c2000". ¿Are
>> them to worry? They appeared when we stopped using version libnice-0.0.13
>> and started using version libnice-0.1.3.  (a "longer log" is below).
>>

> Nope. libnice is just trying to connect to other candidates and fails.
> The log indicates that it could successfully connect to one candidate,
> so you should be able to send data to the other peer.

I agree with Rohan, the log shows a component state changed from "CONNECTED" to
"READY", which means it was successful. It's normal and expected that some of
the candidates fail, if they didn't, then you wouldn't need to do NAT traversal :)
As for the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, if you configure libnice with --prefix=/usr then you
wouldn't need to do that. It might be best to use your distribution's package
management system though if you are to install it to /usr

Hope this helps,
Youness.