[Nice] can't get srflx addresses from STUN

Bryce Allen ballen at ci.uchicago.edu
Mon Jan 28 15:34:18 PST 2013

I'm having trouble getting libnice to recognize STUN binding responses
and add a server reflexive candidate. I confirmed with wireshark that
the response is received and looks valid. Attached is my test program,
any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm using libnice 0.1.2, packaged
for debian sid (which looks like it's unpatched from the original).

NICE_DEBUG=all ./nicetest $(host stun.stunprotocol.org | awk '{ print
$4 }')
Using stun server '107.23.150.92:3478'
waiting for signal
STUN transaction retransmitted (timeout 398ms).
STUN transaction retransmitted (timeout 797ms).
STUN transaction retransmitted (timeout 1593ms).
got gathering done signal, quitting mainloop
got signal
foundation: 1, addr: 192.168.1.4, base: 192.168.1.4, type: host
thread_mainloop exit

I see a lot more debug messages in the library source, I don't know why
I'm only seeing the stun retransmit with NICE_DEBUG=all.

Thanks,
Bryce