[Nice] question about asymetric path

Youness Alaoui youness.alaoui at collabora.co.uk
Thu Mar 28 16:54:56 PDT 2013

Hi Madaro,

The asymetric path issue resurfaces again! I've had a few issues like that, but
it was fixed. It was mostly when one side was using a host/srvrflx candidate and
the other used TURN for no reason. But in your case, both sides are using TURN,
just different servers/candidates.
In your case, I think it's possibly a race condition that is described here :
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5245#page-113
I remember investigating adding support for the a=remote-candidate attribute but
found out that it would need major refactoring before being able to do it.
I'm not sure though if that's exactly the case.
Unfortunately, I'm really busy lately so I don't have any time to look into
this. If you find any more information on this, or if you have a patch, it would
be great.

Youness.