[Nice] Trying to compile sdp-example under win32

Максим Ерёменко maksyarik at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 06:49:29 PDT 2013

Hi everyone.
As header says - I encounter some problems, while trying to compile
sdp-example from examples folder under win32 via Visual Studio 2010 Express.
As i understand, despite the fact, that nicelib is crossplatform stuff,
this example was made for compilation under UNIX, And now, as I'm working
with win32, and, it seems, struggling from lack of knowledge, I hope you
can help me with some problems and questions in small list below:

1)error C2079: 'gather_mutex' ( and 'negotiate_mutex') uses undefined
struct '_GMutex' (same with gather_cond and negotiate_cond). Fixed by
making Gcond and Gmutex 'extern' instead of 'static', is it suitable fix?

2)error C3861: 'usleep': identifier not found. As i get it this one
declared in Unistd.h, that refers to UNIX system, let's assume that I can
replace it with some appropriate win32 function (I can, right?), or will
add needed UNIX headers.

3)error C3861: 'g_thread_new': identifier not found. This one is the most
unclear one for me. Due to my understanding, g_thread_new must be declared
somewhere in glib, but it seems that i just dont know what i need to
include, or maybe there is no g_thread_new in version of glib, that i get
from the link in REAME.win32 (2.28.8).
My inclusions are:
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <ctype.h>
#include <io.h>

#include "agent.h"
#include "gio/gio.h"
#include "glib.h"
#include "gio-win32-2.0/gio/gwin32inputstream.h"
#include "gio-win32-2.0/gio/gwin32outputstream.h"

Thanks for the help in advance.
Max.