[libnice] Libnice 0.1.7 on windows

Philip Withnall philip at tecnocode.co.uk
Sun Aug 10 15:47:28 PDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-07-23 at 06:07 -0700, B Andrei wrote:

> Old versions of Libnice had a README.win32 file that describe the
> compilation of Libnice with VC2008. On version 0.1.7 this file is
> missing, also the compilation doesn't work. I add a newer Glib 2.34.3.
> The dogenmarshal.cmd file is also missing in Libnice 0.1.7 and if I
> copy it from older Libnice it doesn't work (missing libintl-8.dll). I
> add manually the agent-signals-marshal.h/c generated in older
> version.

It looks like a bug that README.win32 is missing from the tarball. I’ve
attached a patch to fix that.

In version 0.1.6 and later, libnice no longer needs to generate signal
marshallers at compilation time, which is why dogenmarshal.cmd is
missing. You don’t need to copy it from an older copy of libnice. Don’t
manually add agent-signals-marshal.[ch] either.

> Do you have some hints on how to make it work? Now there are just
> hundreds of systax errors in Glib files ...

If you don’t add dogenmarshal.cmd or agent-signals-marshal.[ch], does it
work? If not, what are the exact errors you yet?

Philip