[libnice] Ice-tcp in libnice

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.com
Thu Aug 21 07:37:47 PDT 2014

Hi,

On 08/20/2014 09:38 AM, Radosław Kołodziejczyk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've noticed you've implemented ice-tcp support in your git master
> branch. It looked
> very promissing to me as we need a reliable transport, so we've pulled
> the repo and
> built the code. Indeed it looks like more candidates are gathered, but
> when the
> agents connect the connection between them still runs on pseudotcp over
> udp. Even
> if I disable the ice-udp in the agent properties. So my questions are:
>
> 1. Should we, with this implementation, expect a pure tcp agent-agent
> connection?

Yes, if use set ice-udp to False... If not, it's a bug! The ICE-TCP code
is very new, so there are certainly a number of bugs left in it. We
certainly apprpreciate your testing,

> 2. Is there something "special" that needs to be set or done to agent to
> have it to use ice-tcp properly?

There shouldn't be. I assume you're hitting a bug. Can you please file a
bug at https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=nice and
attach a full log with G_MESSAGE_DEBUG=all NICE_DEBUG=all there ?

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.com