[libnice] Compiling on Windows

Scott Richmond s.t.richmond at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 20:41:14 PDT 2014

Hi,

I've recently become interested in using libNice to provide the NAT
traversal functionality for our project. Unfortunately I don't see mt obe
able to compile it.

Using the README.win32 instructions I can get far enough such that all
third party dependencies appear to be resolved however I am getting some
100 errors that I believe are related to a misconfiguration of glib. Take a
look at the sample of errors below:

Error 1 error C2079: 'io_mutex' uses undefined struct '_GMutex'
c:\users\scott.richmond\documents\libnice\agent\component.h
Error 46 error C2065: 'G_SOURCE_REMOVE' : undeclared identifier
c:\users\scott.richmond\documents\libnice\agent\component.c
Error 156 error C2065: 'G_IO_ERROR_BROKEN_PIPE' : undeclared identifier
c:\users\scott.richmond\documents\libnice\agent\agent.c
Warning 2 warning C4005: 'ECONNABORTED' : macro redefinition c:\program
files (x86)\microsoft visual studio 12.0\vc\include\errno.h
And it goes on...

I don't know enough about the framework to make sense of what's going on
here and it does appear that this Win project is pretty out of date - I had
to remove 'turn.c' and tcp-turn.c' from the project as the files no longer
existed. I added 'udp-turn.c' and 'udp-turn-over-tcp.c' to replace them.