[libnice] nice_interfaces_get_local_ips() returns nothing on Windows

Adrien Carbonne adrienc at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 05:53:27 PST 2015

Hello,

I have compiled libnice on Windows but I cannot get *any* example to work.
I have tried to debug it, and I found out that one issue is that
nice_interfaces_get_local_ips() returns nothing on Windows.

Here is a sample program : it should display some candidates but gets no
candidates (and no local addresses for that matter).

int main() {
context = g_main_context_new ();
loop = g_main_loop_new ( context , FALSE );
NiceAgent *agent = nice_agent_new ( context , NICE_COMPATIBILITY_RFC5245 );

g_signal_connect (G_OBJECT (agent), "candidate-gathering-done", G_CALLBACK
(candidate_gathering_done_cb), NULL);
g_signal_connect (G_OBJECT (agent), "component-state-changed", G_CALLBACK
(component_state_changed_cb), NULL);
g_signal_connect (G_OBJECT (agent), "new-candidate-full", G_CALLBACK
(new_candidate_full_cb), NULL);

guint stream_id = nice_agent_add_stream ( agent , 1);
nice_agent_attach_recv ( agent , stream_id , 1 , context , cb_nice_recv ,
NULL );
nice_agent_gather_candidates ( agent , stream_id );

g_main_loop_run ( loop );
}

Is it a Windows-specific issue?
Do I have to stop dreaming about running libnice on Windows? ;)

Thank you for your help!
Adrien