[libnice] Any discussion on API to be able to supply ICE credentials (webrtc related)

Stefan HÃ¥kansson LK stefan.lk.hakansson at ericsson.com
Tue Feb 17 07:13:54 PST 2015

Hi,

webrtc/rtcweb (implicitly) requires that it is possible to supply local
ICE credentials when starting ICE, see http://rtcweb-wg.github.io/jsep/.

I say "implicitly" since ICE credentials must be part of the initial
offer created by createOffer (section 5.2.1), but ICE processing is not
supposed to happen until a subsequent setLocal happens which could be
quite a bit later. Also, createOffer is not really supposed to "do"
anything, things are supposed to start as a result of setLocal meaning
that ICE processing should not start as a result of createOffer.

We're using libnice in our webrtc implementation (which is based on
gstreamer) https://github.com/EricssonResearch/openwebrtc and this is an
issue for being standards compliant.

My question is (obviously): are there any plans for changing libnice to
enable building webrtc compliant applications?

Stefan