[libnice] STUN request timeouts?

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.com
Mon Mar 2 08:04:17 PST 2015

Hi,

There is a timer inside the STUN code, it is currently hard-coded to
start at 600ms and only re-try 3 times. Our observation was that it
would take too long to timeout when the server didn't exist otherwise.

You can modify it in stun/usages/stuntimer.h by changing
STUN_TIMER_DEFAULT_TIMEOUT and STUN_TIMER_DEFAULT_MAX_RETRANSMISSIONS

Ideally, I guess they should be made runtime configurable as recommended
by RFC 5389 section 7.2.1.

Olivier