[libnice] Any discussion on API to be able to supply ICE credentials (webrtc related)

Philip Withnall philip at tecnocode.co.uk
Tue Mar 10 03:23:15 PDT 2015

Rohan: Thanks for the patch. I’ve added some review comments on github
if you would care to take a look at them.

Lorenzo: The NiceCandidate.username and .password are assigned in the
discovery code (in discovery_add_peer_reflexive_candidate() and
discovery_learn_remote_peer_reflexive_candidate()), so it won’t work
after some candidates have been gathered.

If this turns out to be a problem, we can re-jig how credential memory
management is implemented. However, as I understand Stefan’s request, he
just needs to be able to set the local credentials before starting the
ICE session, so that’s OK. I haven’t had time to re-read the spec about
this though, so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Philip