[libnice] DTLS with libnice

Stephan Thamm thammi at chaossource.net
Tue Mar 10 07:43:21 PDT 2015

Hi Stefan,

Am Dienstag, 3. März 2015, 14:30:07 schrieb Stefan Damm:
> I am using libnice to implement a peer-to-peer connection using UDP
> and would like to use DTLS for Data encryption.

I implemented DTLS on top of libnice using a custom OpenSSL BIO. It was not
really hard once you understand how a BIO works. I think this approach is
easier if you are just trying to get DTLS over ICE to work.

My OpenSSL related code can be found here:
https://github.com/Innovailable/webrtc-echo/blob/master/native/dtls.cpp

The data is passed through Node.js in my project, but you should be able to
get the general idea from the code.
--
So far, farewell
Thammi