[libnice] how does libnice keep a connection alive

Tom Chen chentom60 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 25 08:02:11 PDT 2015

Philip,
Thank you for the reply! you are always willing to help others.

"You must send all packets through it", do you mean that upper level packets, like media stream data, must be sent through ICE transmission functions like nice_agent_send()?

I always thought that ICE is to find the optimal path to the remote clients and once the path has been found, ice will give up the connection  or use some ways to duplicate its  socket for others, like media streams, to use. If so, i may have to drastically change our software architecture as our current SIP stack needs ip, port numbers to create socket itself, that is why i am asking how we can bind two sockets to the same ip & port number if ICE continues to hold them.

Tom