[libnice] Regarding libnice signals: component-state-changed and new-selected-pair

Anand Sivaram aspnair at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 13:43:35 UTC 2016

Dear All,

I find the following problem happening *occasionally* with libnice latest
code.

The stream/component is getting "component-state-changed" signal
to state "READY" but the signals "new-selected-pair" or
"new-selected-pair-full" are not getting called.

This happens even when both peers are on the same local LAN where in normal
working case they select the host candidates.

In my application code, I assume both READY state and
"new-selected-pair" should have occurred before declaring the component
to be usable.  Due to this, my application is not getting connected.

Q1. If I depend only on READY state, is it well enough?

Q2. I was wondering why "new-selected-pair" signal is missing even though
the state is getting changed to READY.  Is it normal to be like that?

Thanks and Regards

Anand