[libnice] Inquiry re: commit 1ab9d7c104, “conncheck: Separate valid and succeeded states"

Fabrice Bellet fabrice at bellet.info
Fri Apr 21 13:19:59 UTC 2017

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 02:43:47PM -0500, Chad Phillips wrote:
> Turns out that the issue happens for me when talking between two vagrant
> machines on my development laptop, which do indeed use prflx (or local)
> candidates. I tested with the latest master branch and confirmed that the
> prflx candidates were failing, then with the branch at
> https://git.collabora.com/cgit/user/tester/libnice.git/log/?h=bellet and
> confirmed that all connections were now succeeding (although in this
> success case, it appears that local candidates were being finally selected
> as the used pair in some cases).

That's good news. If you want to test a more complex scenario, you could
try to "isolate" your vagrant machines from each other. I don't know
what are the possibilities of vagrant for this, but maybe that setting
up a separate private network with NAT for each vagrant machine, or
adding some iptables rules to just drop the UDP traffic are some of
these possibilities.

By making the direct path unreachable, it should force libnice to
workaround and to select pairs with a less direct path between the
machines with the help of relay and server reflexive candidates.

Best wishes,
--
fabrice