[libnice] Force an external address (srflx) candidate?

Stuart Marshall stuart at seelye.net
Sun Oct 18 19:39:57 UTC 2020

I think your suggestions make sense.

As I recall, the switch to turn off IPv6 is at compile time. Being able to turn that off (or on) at runtime would be good too.

Being able to restrict gathering to the default interface sounds good. As it is, I see libnice grabbing addresses from interfaces like the virtual ones used for virtual machines. This is not useful and clogs up negotiation.

The other challenge that I run into is exposure of these controls when using gstreamer.

With gstreamer people sometime interface directly with C++. But also through the text based pipeline construction. And through interfaces like the Java ones.

Is there an easy and natural way to talk with libnice (e.g. use nice_agent_add_local_address()) when using gstreamer? Does it make any sense to provide side channel communication to libnice via environment variables or a config file? That sounds a bit messy, but could help expose functionality without having to plumb everything through the gstreamer interfaces.

Stuart