[Nouveau] nv50 microcode/shader format

Wladimir van der Laan laanwj at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 13:04:15 PST 2007

Hello there,

With the use of CUDA and ptx I managed to make a disassembler for at least
one of the nv50 microcode/shader formats. This might come in handy for some
people, hence I'm posting it here:

http://www.cs.rug.nl/~wladimir/decuda/

I'm not yet sure if pixel/vertex shaders use the same instruction format as
the compute shaders used by CUDA, but you'd think so, as nv50 is supposed to
have unified shader units. If anyone can help me a bit in finding the shader
instructions in valgrind-mmt-extend of mmiotrace dumps that'd be a great
help. I haven't had much luck yet with that. Is there a way to "pretty
print" the output of those programs, I mean, fill in the registers already
known?

Greetings,
Wladimir J. van der Laan