[Nouveau] nv50 microcode/shader format

Wladimir van der Laan laanwj at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 05:27:04 PST 2007

I can answer myself here, as I finally managed to dump the shader as sent to
the card: yes, the shader binary format used for vertex, fragment and
geometry shaders on the G80 is the same as the cubin for CUDA. There appear
to be some special instructions that are used to read input and write output
registers absent from CUDA. Apart from those, decuda will be a good start if
someones decides to tackle NV50 shaders in Nouveau.

Wladimir