[Nouveau] Current state - how to get gallium-stuff running?

Hanno Böck hanno at hboeck.de
Sat Mar 8 06:04:30 PST 2008

Am Samstag 08 März 2008 schrieb Christopher James Halse Rogers:
> First, the obligatory disclaimer: "really working" doesn't exactly
> translate to "Wooo!  I can drop that annoying binary blob!".  You should
> be able to get textured OpenGL support, and be able to run OpenArena at
> reasonable framerates until it crashes, though :).

Yeah, I'm fully aware of that and most I expect is some "wow, it (somehow)
works" just ofr my curiosity.

> I've seen other people reporting this error.  I've never seen it myself,
> which suggests to me that it's user error _somewhere_ :).  Can you
> describe the exact steps you took, and their output.

Using Gentoo, using the nouveau-overlay. Installing git-packages of libdrm,
x11-drm, xf86-video-nouveau. Changed mesa-package to fetch nouveau/mesa git
with gallium-0.1 branch. installed that.

modprobe nouveau
starting x

So, as I'm installing the stuff directly into the system (I know I'm crazy), I
think the LD_foo doesn't apply to me.

http://rafb.net/p/EgQT6K88.html
Xorg.0.log if it's helping.

--