[Nouveau] Current state - how to get gallium-stuff running?

Pekka Paalanen pq at iki.fi
Sat Mar 8 14:00:13 PST 2008

On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 15:04:30 +0100
"Hanno Böck" <hanno at hboeck.de> wrote:

> Using Gentoo, using the nouveau-overlay. Installing git-packages of libdrm,
> x11-drm, xf86-video-nouveau. Changed mesa-package to fetch nouveau/mesa git
> with gallium-0.1 branch. installed that.

Here might be the reason, maybe the ebuild is still building the wrong
branch. Git ebuild coding has a nasty feature, but you are safe if you set
*both* TREE and BRANCH. And I don't remember if it requires other changes,
too.

Anyway, I'd recommend building mesa by hand, so you are sure which branch
you build and how.

--
Pekka Paalanen
http://www.iki.fi/pq/