[Nouveau] Current state - how to get gallium-stuff running?

seventh guardian seventhguardian at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 17:25:11 PST 2008

On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 10:00 PM, Pekka Paalanen <pq at iki.fi> wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 15:04:30 +0100
>  "Hanno Böck" <hanno at hboeck.de> wrote:
>
>  > Using Gentoo, using the nouveau-overlay. Installing git-packages of libdrm,
>  > x11-drm, xf86-video-nouveau. Changed mesa-package to fetch nouveau/mesa git
>  > with gallium-0.1 branch. installed that.

Didn't know that "official" gallium development moved from darktama's
git (which is good I guess) ;)
Probably been away for too long...

>  Here might be the reason, maybe the ebuild is still building the wrong
>  branch. Git ebuild coding has a nasty feature, but you are safe if you set
>  *both* TREE and BRANCH. And I don't remember if it requires other changes,
>  too.
>
>  Anyway, I'd recommend building mesa by hand, so you are sure which branch
>  you build and how.

Not sure if this matters, but I've noticed that the nouveau_dri.so
library isn't built when doing "make linux-dri-x86-64
DRI_DIRS=nouveau_winsys". I had to manually build it.

Cheers,
  Renato Caldas