[Nouveau] GeForce GTS 250M: no acceleration...

Carlo E. Prelz fluido at fluido.as
Fri Apr 2 00:21:37 PDT 2010

	Subject: Re: [Nouveau] GeForce GTS 250M: no acceleration...
	Date: gio 01 apr 10 09:19:30 +0000

Quoting Marcin Kościelnicki (koriakin at 0x04.net):

> Guess what, if adding 0xa3 that to that switch was enough to support stuff, I
> wouldn't make that damned switch in the first place...

Eehee. I like to live dangerously ;-) Seriously, I searched around
quite a lot before I decided to make that try. This video card is not
mentioned anywhere!

> I coded up NVA3 support already, but the original NVA3 owner who gave me
> necessary dumps disappeared without a trace. Here:
>
> http://0x04.net/~mwk/0001-drm-nv50-Add-NVA3-support-in-ctxprog-ctxvals-
> generat.patch
>
> Please test. If it works for you, we'll push it to master.

I patched kernel 2.6.34-rc3 - and it works here. Simple opengl stuff
(including mplayer display) works just right. Openarena also plays
smoothly (but I am not a gamer myself).

Suspend-to-disk has a problem. It suspends OK, but when restarting, I
get a black screen. But this for me is not urgent.

Thanks a lot - and I won't disappear. If you need testing, please ask

Carlo

* K * Carlo E. Prelz - fluido at fluido.as             che bisogno ci sarebbe