[Nouveau] Display goes off when framebuffer enabled and Kernel Panic with fbset

Roger rogerx.oss at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 23:59:25 PST 2010

I yanked the compiled in nouveau-drm from kernel 2.6.35 and reinstalled the
snapshot =x11-base/nouveau-drm-20100811 package providing kernel drivers.

Framebuffer mode works fine and dandy along with fbset -i:
mode "1680x1050"
    geometry 1680 1050 1680 1050 32
    timings 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    rgba 8/16,8/8,8/0,0/0
endmode

Frame buffer device information:
    Name        : nouveaufb
    Address     : 0xd0048000
    Size        : 7258112
    Type        : PACKED PIXELS
    Visual      : TRUECOLOR
    XPanStep    : 1
    YPanStep    : 1
    YWrapStep   : 0
    LineLength  : 6912
    MMIO Address: 0xd0000000
    MMIO Size   : 134217728
    Accelerator : No

Looks like I have some newer masked 2.6.36 kernel versions I can try, to see if
this bug still exists?

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/