[Nouveau] Latest Git still freezes AGP [GeForce 7600 GS]

rogerx.oss at gmail.com rogerx.oss at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 17:27:47 PST 2011

On Sat, Jan 08, 2011 at 02:41:55PM -0900, Roger wrote:

>Just a ping here concerning the "nVidia Corporation G73 [GeForce 7600 GS]" and
>AGP issues.
>

>I still have to use agpmode=0 (aka kernel parameter nouveau.agpmode=0) to
>avoid kernel (framebuffer) freezes when loading drm/nouveau drivers.
>

>My next task will be to get KDB working to hopefully get a backtrace.  Or is it
>futile at this point?  Using KGDB, I think stalls the serial bus and, the info
>I earlier collected showed nothing relevant to this or to any indication of a
>kernel panic.

(I meant KDUMP instead of KDB within the above paragraph.)

Interesting. I've recompiled this kernel to include the drm & nouveau as
modules.  (I also added KDUMP along with RELOC.)  The modules seem to be
also enabling AGP mode.

I was anticipating to use/activate KDUMP dump kernel after loading the drm &
nouveau modules which trigger the freeze when AGP is enabled.

Seems like this bug is halfway worked out?

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/