[Nouveau] Resource map sanity check fails after GRUB "keeps" the gfx mode

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Wed Oct 2 14:46:52 PDT 2013

On Wed, 2 Oct 2013 16:47:29 +0200
David Herrmann <dh.herrmann at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your investigations. I finally sent my patch and put you on
> CC. Sorry for the delay, but I have mostly catched up with all emails
> now.
>
> This really just suppresses the warning and nothing else.

Thank you for your detailed explanation in the patch.

> It does not
> fix any lockup/crash/...

I know.  I was surprised that my patch fixed something else, but now we
know that it didn't.  It's better when patches don't have unexpected
effects even if the effects are positive :)

> And your PCI-BAR adjustment doesn't change
> anything either, sorry.

I simply tried another approach to pacify the resource checker.

However, there is some difference.  nvidiafb cannot access the
resources if IORESOURCE_BUSY is used.

It's not that it matters for me.  nvidiafb fails on my hardware anyway
and I don't need it when I already have simplefb and nouveau.  But I
think we should have a closer look why it fails and what other drivers
may fail.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin