[Nouveau] xrandr HDMI-1 and DVI-D-1 disconnected - External monitor not detected

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Sun Jan 26 17:53:37 PST 2014

The important thing for display detection/setting proper modes/etc is
the kernel -- what kernel version are you using?

Separately, there has been a fix that affected VBIOSes found in NV96
cards, and it would not be a stretch to believe that a similar VBIOS
script could be found in a NV92 card. However the NV96 error condition
was different (everything detected fine, but no actual image
displayed, whereas for you it's not even showing anything as
connected, which could indicate a i2c/hpd problem).

I would say that the steps for you are to first try airlied's drm-next
branch, which should have all the latest nouveau fixes:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~airlied/linux/log/?h=drm-next . If that
is of no help, open a new bug (see
http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/Bugs/) -- we really want to see
your vbios, so upload a copy of that
(/sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/vbios.rom), and also throw in a full dmesg
booted with nouveau.debug=PDISP=debug,VBIOS=trace

Lastly, did this ever work with nouveau? If so, please indicate that
in the bug; you will likely be asked to do a kernel bisect.

  -ilia