[Nouveau] xrandr HDMI-1 and DVI-D-1 disconnected - External monitor not detected

Terje J. Hanssen terje at nordland-teknikk.no
Mon Jan 27 02:06:55 PST 2014

The latest openSUSE 13.1 uses kernel version 3.11.6-4-desktop (x86_64
here).

(What I can add is that Nouveau did not work either for external, dual
display on this mobile hardware using previous 3.x kernels on openSUSE
12.x. The propriarity Nvidia driver which currently works again using
SLED11 SP3 now, has on the other hand had some freeze lock problems)

Well, I'm not sure I'm skilled to try the suggested airlied's drm-next
branch as this is new for me. Is there available a detailed procedure
guide how to do it?

Thanks,
Terje