[Nouveau] Problem with GTX 970 under Fedora 21

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Mon Jan 26 14:54:20 PST 2015

3.19 brings modesetting support for GM204 chips, but no acceleration.
What this means is that we can display things on the screen, but can't
use the GPU to perform any computation of any sort. This is a
perfectly usable experience, since you'll end up using the llvmpipe
driver for the light 3d-rendering required by gnome-shell and the
such, however it will be insufficent for any gaming.