[Nouveau] Donate NVS 510 and 310 cards

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Tue Jun 7 10:28:44 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 07-06-16 12:13, Ed Avis wrote:
> I'm in Europe (at least until the 23rd...) so let me know your address.

Cool, I'll send you a private mail with my address.

> My motivation is to get them working reliably under Fedora 23 x86 to drive
> a Dell UP2414Q 4k monitor, where currently my father's PC is experiencing
> regular freezes.  So if you would like the loan of a UP2414Q monitor to go
> with the cards, let me know too.
>
> (The UP2414Q is an interesting monitor to drive since it appears as two
> 1920x2160 screens over a single DP1.2 connection when driven at 60Hz.
> It has often tickled bugs in video card drivers on both Windows and Linux;
> and the monitor's own buggy firmware doesn't help.)

Hmm, that monitor will require mst support:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort#Multiple_displays_on_single_DisplayPort_connector

Which is currently not implemented in the nouveau driver. There
are plans to support this eventually, but that is still at least
half a year away. For now my advice would be to use either Intel
integrated graphics on a mobo with a dp connector, or maybe an
ati add-in card. Note I do not know what the status of mst support
on ati is, you should double check that before buying a card.

Or try your luck with the nvidia binary driver.

Regards,

Hans