[Nouveau] UP2414Q (was: Donate NVS 510 and 310 cards)

Ed Avis eda at waniasset.com
Tue Jun 7 10:33:36 UTC 2016

Sorry I wasn't clear about the Dell UP2414Q monitor.  You are right that
driving it at 4k requires MST support and this isn't currently supported by
Nouveau.  So instead I am driving it at only 30Hz which should be a straight-
forward setup.  However, this still crashes regularly, for example when
opening a pull-down menu in Libreoffice and a moment later clicking to close
and reopen the same menu.  (The PC is not in front of me so it is hard for me
to investigate further at the moment.)

So if any developer(s) would like to borrow a UP2414Q monitor to accompany a
donation of the NVS 310 or 510 video cards, I will be happy to pay postage
both ways.  If you can reproduce and fix the bug, you can keep the monitor.

--
Ed Avis <eda at waniasset.com>