[Nouveau] Atomic modesetting + DisplayPort MST

Pierre Moreau pierre.morrow at free.fr
Sun Nov 13 20:17:29 UTC 2016

Hello Ben,

You can find below my results; there is a slight over-representation of 1st gen
Tesla cards, but… that’s what I have. :-D No regressions observed, apart from:

* screen rotation on G80, MCP79
* resuming on G86

I’ll retest those cards with your linux-4.10 branch but without the atomic + DP
serie.

Pierre

Tested: linux-4.10 (HEAD at b27add13f "drm/nouveau/fifo/gf100-: protect channel preempt with subdev mutex)
Against: 4.8.7
Fullscreen game: Portal
(FAIL is: it is not working, but neither did it before.)

G80:
* Basic modesetting: OK
* VT switching:      OK
* Changing rotation: REGRESSION (disp: ERROR 5 [INVALID_STATE]
* Suspend:           OK
* Hotplugging:       -
* Fullscreen game:   FAIL (fail ttm_validate, vaildate: -12) (different on 4.8.7, but still failing)

G84:
* Basic modesetting: OK
* VT switching:      OK
* Changing rotation: OK
* Suspend:           FAIL (DRM: base-0: timeout)
* Hotplugging:       OK
* Fullscreen game:   OK

G86:
* Basic modesetting: OK
* VT switching:      OK
* Changing rotation: OK
* Suspend:           REGRESSION (PGRAPH TLB flush idle timeout fail)
* Hotplugging:       -
* Fullscreen game:   FAIL (gr: TRAP_PROP - TP 0 - 00000040 [RT_FAULT] - Address 004bed0000) (does not work im 4.8.7 either, though there was no trap, just FAIL ttm_validate & cie)

G92:
* Basic modesetting: OK
* VT switching:      OK
* Changing rotation: OK
* Suspend:           OK
* Hotplugging:       -
* Fullscreen game:   OK

G94:
* Basic modesetting: OK
* VT switching:      OK
* Changing rotation: OK
* Suspend:           OK
* Hotplugging:       -
* Fullscreen game:   OK

G96:
* Basic modesetting: OK
* VT switching:      OK
* Changing rotation: OK
* Suspend:           OK
* Hotplugging:       -
* Fullscreen game:   OK

G98:
* Basic modesetting: OK
* VT switching:      OK
* Changing rotation: OK
* Suspend:           OK
* Hotplugging:       OK
* Fullscreen game:   FAIL (fail ttm_validate, vaildate: -12)

MCP79:
* Basic modesetting: OK
* VT switching:      OK
* Changing rotation: REGRESSION (no freeze, no errors, cursor was correctly updated, but screen does not update though switching to TTY works just fine)
* Suspend:           OK
* Hotplugging:       -
* Fullscreen game:   OK

GT200:
* Basic modesetting: OK
* VT switching:      OK
* Changing rotation: OK
* Suspend:           FAIL (PGRAPH TLB idle timeout fail)
* Hotplugging:       -
* Fullscreen game:   OK

GF100:
* Basic modesetting: OK