[Nouveau] Atomic modesetting + DisplayPort MST

Ben Skeggs skeggsb at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 01:11:07 UTC 2016

On 11/14/2016 06:17 AM, Pierre Moreau wrote:
> Hello Ben,
>
> You can find below my results; there is a slight over-representation of 1st gen
> Tesla cards, but… that’s what I have. :-D No regressions observed, apart from:
>
> * screen rotation on G80, MCP79
> * resuming on G86
Hey Pierre,

Thanks for testing all this!  Notes below.

> I’ll retest those cards with your linux-4.10 branch but without the atomic + DP
> serie.
>
> Pierre
>

> Tested: linux-4.10 (HEAD at b27add13f "drm/nouveau/fifo/gf100-: protect channel preempt with subdev mutex)
> Against: 4.8.7
> Fullscreen game: Portal
> (FAIL is: it is not working, but neither did it before.)
>

> G80:
> * Basic modesetting: OK
> * VT switching:      OK
> * Changing rotation: REGRESSION (disp: ERROR 5 [INVALID_STATE]
ACK, I'll look into this one.

> * Suspend:           OK
> * Hotplugging:       -
> * Fullscreen game:   FAIL (fail ttm_validate, vaildate: -12) (different on 4.8.7, but still failing)
>
> G84:
> * Basic modesetting: OK
> * VT switching:      OK
> * Changing rotation: OK
> * Suspend:           FAIL (DRM: base-0: timeout)
> * Hotplugging:       OK
> * Fullscreen game:   OK
>
> G86:
> * Basic modesetting: OK
> * VT switching:      OK
> * Changing rotation: OK
> * Suspend:           REGRESSION (PGRAPH TLB flush idle timeout fail)
Hm, I wouldn't expect something like this to be related.  Is this
reproducible (works reliably before, fails reliably after)?

> * Hotplugging:       -
> * Fullscreen game:   FAIL (gr: TRAP_PROP - TP 0 - 00000040 [RT_FAULT] - Address 004bed0000) (does not work im 4.8.7 either, though there was no trap, just FAIL ttm_validate & cie)
>
> G92:
> * Basic modesetting: OK
> * VT switching:      OK
> * Changing rotation: OK
> * Suspend:           OK
> * Hotplugging:       -
> * Fullscreen game:   OK
>
> G94:
> * Basic modesetting: OK
> * VT switching:      OK
> * Changing rotation: OK
> * Suspend:           OK
> * Hotplugging:       -
> * Fullscreen game:   OK
>
> G96:
> * Basic modesetting: OK
> * VT switching:      OK
> * Changing rotation: OK
> * Suspend:           OK
> * Hotplugging:       -
> * Fullscreen game:   OK
>
> G98:
> * Basic modesetting: OK
> * VT switching:      OK
> * Changing rotation: OK
> * Suspend:           OK
> * Hotplugging:       OK
> * Fullscreen game:   FAIL (fail ttm_validate, vaildate: -12)
>
> MCP79:
> * Basic modesetting: OK
> * VT switching:      OK
> * Changing rotation: REGRESSION (no freeze, no errors, cursor was correctly updated, but screen does not update though switching to TTY works just fine)
I don't have the hardware for this, but hopefully whatever I uncover on
G80 will help too :)

Thanks again,
Ben.