[Nouveau] HP Zbook17 Dock and UEFI conflict with GK107GLM aka Quadro K1100M

Phil Turmel philip at turmel.org
Thu Feb 2 22:09:07 UTC 2017

On 02/02/2017 05:01 PM, Ilia Mirkin wrote:

> Note that a lot of this stuff has been redone for kernel 4.10 to
> conform to atomic modesetting. I wouldn't be surprised if that
> jiggers things around enough to fix your issue. But perhaps not.
> Worth a shot. [As an aside, this would also enable more reliable
> reclocking for your GPU, so not a bad upgrade to make in any case.]

I saw the reclocking improvements.  I'm sure I'll enjoy them, but it'll
have to wait a bit.  This is my primary work machine and I can't afford
to lose a day here and there cleaning up after a vanilla RC smashing my
filesystems.  Applying a nouveau patch series onto a stable base is
sufficiently low risk.

TBH, I was hoping someone would see the odd "Disp" output and pop in
with an "I know what that is."  /-:

Phil