[Nouveau] GSOC project

Karol Herbst karolherbst at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 22:18:29 UTC 2017

Hi,

I think a nice project would be to write an application to figure out those latencies automatically maybe even based on envydis.

It could generate latency information based on thread count, register usage, instruction/instruction class, hw unit used. Or even tries to figure out what kind of units exist. Like instructions out of a group which are free to issue/execute after instructions out of another one.

I could imagine, that this allone might be a really huge project, but useful for future and past chipsets.