[Nouveau] FERMI clocking status and help

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Sat Sep 23 03:12:01 UTC 2017

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 10:32 PM, Brock York <twunknown at gmail.com> wrote:
> Where is the current FERMI clocking code? My base kernel just gives me
> failed to write when I echo to /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/pstate. I've
> downloaded the nouveau linux tree from skeggsb/nouveau and built the
> 4.14 kernel branch and I still get a write error saying function not
> implemented. Is there no clocking support at all for FERMI cards?

Nope.

> I'd like to try and help with supporting FERMI cards but not sure on
> how to begin. Any pointers or help is much appreciated.

Until Roy responds with more details:

Ben has made an effort at https://github.com/skeggsb/nouveau/commits/devel-clk
Roy has made an effort at
https://github.com/RSpliet/kernel-nouveau-nv50-pm/commits/master

Their approaches are different -- Roy's aim is to get something
working and build up, while Ben's aim is to get everything (sorta)
working up front, doing a full fuzz of all the relevant vbios bits one
by one. Neither has too much time to put towards this, and there are
some unfortunate dependencies.

Feel free to join in on the development at #nouveau on irc.freenode.net.

Cheers,

  -ilia