[Nouveau] missing firmware report

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Sun Sep 16 17:52:07 UTC 2018

Doesn't look like the GV100 firmware is publicly available yet.
However it won't affect you at all - you only need the GP106 firmware.

Without more info, your issue could potentially be helped by
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/commit/?id=85c5d90fc155d78531efa5d2b02e92aaef7e4b88
so make sure you have the latest available firmware. Otherwise
remember this experience when selecting whether to get an AMD or
NVIDIA gpu for your next purchase.

Cheers,

  -ilia