[Nouveau] desktop hanging

Dave davidh1960 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 28 16:06:04 UTC 2020

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this question / issue so
please feel free to redirect me to an appropriate list.

My driver and graphics card information is below. This configuration has
been working great (much better than the nvidia proprietary driver)
until I upgraded from kernel 5.0 to 5.3. The desktop keeps hanging every
few minutes (the mouse usually keeps working but windows, desktop, task
bar doesn't). Is this a known issue? Is there a fix coming for this?

Thanks and let me know if you need any additional information. I have
currently backed out that kernel update but can reinstall if you need
additional details.