[Ocs] JSON spec

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Thu Feb 9 09:14:04 PST 2012

> as I understood there from roughly going through the php code.
>
> * subtags of <meta> becomes top level,

<snip>

I cannot comment on the reference php implementation (though some of
the notes, what you have just said, sound strange :/), nor on your
python project because I am very much a newbie in those areas. ;)

But:

1) I think we could standardize the json output with a concrete
description and example in each case next to the XML output in a
similar way as this:
http://www.thomasfrank.se/xml_to_json.html

It is important to preserve the same parent and child node relations
in xml, also in the json output, in my opinion. I can write a mockup
into the draft according to the above conversion, but I would like to
know first: what others think. Opinions ?

2) It is nice to see you have been trying to use OCS, and thanks for
that. :) I am unsure whether or not there are already python reference
implementations out there (at least not mentioned here:
http://www.socialdesktop.org/library/) on the server side, but if not:
you could probably bear in mind the separation between your
"boilerplate" OCS specification implementation and the real server
application code so that the "boilerplate" code could be decoupled
later into a reference library.

3) I can extend the Qt based client library with JSON output parsing
to get it work properly after we have the precise outputs in place. I
believe there are already re-usable parsers in the Qt world.

Thank you for your interest again. :)

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp