[ohm] OHM vs. PPM

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at gmail.com
Sat May 3 06:26:09 PDT 2008

Hi

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 3:52 PM, Holger Macht <holger at homac.de> wrote:

>  Right, the initial approach for OHM was to be system level because it
>  should also handle multiple session issues. And I don't see how this can
>  work if OHM itself would be part of a desktop session. I just wonder where
>  the request making OHM per session actually came from...

OHM does not deal with multi-session (ATM, AFAIK).
So it looks to me like OHM works better in session level (on top of
X), and this is where I see it fit naturally.

HAL/PolicyKit/ConsoleKit already deal with several user requests and ACL.

It could make sense to me to have a privileged helper/policy instance
to to tweak policykit, but I have no idea if this is stupid in
practice

cheers
--
Marc-André Lureau