[Openchrome-devel] openchrome in xorg ?

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Mon Aug 18 07:43:11 PDT 2008

Thomas Hellstr?m wrote:
> Xavier Bachelot wrote:
>> Thomas Hellstr?m wrote:
>>> Yup, I meant any code that doesn't apply to current X.org. I haven't
>>> looked at this in detail for a while, but some time ago the code was
>>> full of various defines that made implemenatation of new features
>>> problematic.
>>>
>>> /Thomas
>>>
>> Here's a patch to remove support for the old XV ABI. The new XV ABI was
>> introduced with xorg 7.1. Is this ok to apply ?
>> Anything else to hunt down ?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Xavier
>>
> Hi!
> Looks OK to me!

Here's a slightly improved version of the patch.

> Other things to hunt down is (from configure.ac, may have been ripped
> out already).
> USE_FB
> X_USE_LINEARFB
> X_USE_REGION_NULL
> X_HAVE_XAAGETROP
> X_NEED_I2CSTART
> VIA_HAVE_EXA always true,
> EXA_VERSION_MAJOR always >= 2

I'll take a look at cleaning those too and submit the patches for
review. The plan is to commit this as well as Gabriel's panel and
hardware cursor work after 0.2.903 is released.

> Should we try to set up a freedesktop git repo??

There was no definitive answer to this question last time I asked. The
current svn setup is ok for most of us and nobody felt like learning
git, at least for now.

Regards,
Xavier