[Openchrome-devel] merge pciaccess to trunk

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Tue Mar 11 03:31:17 PDT 2008

Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> Xavier Bachelot wrote:
>> I've put together a patch that merges the pciaccess branch
>> changes to trunk. Compiled and tested on a non-pciaccess KM400.
>
> For some conditionals you use  #ifdef XSERVER_LIBPCIACCESS, but for
> most of them  #if XSERVER_LIBPCIACCESS.  I think all conditionals
> should be of the first form.  The one #if !XSERVER_LIBPCIACCESS
> should then be #ifndef XSERVER_LIBPCIACCESS.

ok, I'll fix that.

> In via_driver.h and in via_driver.c (around line 2100) there are
> blocks of #if/#endif that are indented.  For consistency these #ifs
> should be placed at the start of the line and not be treated as a
> level of indentation.

ok, I'll fix that too.

> The line that says "Borked 1" can go; the "ChipRev override" message
> already shows which path is being taken.
>
> The "Borked 2" message should be removed too, and replaced with a
> more informative one two lines earlier, something like "Using
> libpciaccess".

Not sure about the last two. I think what Jon mean here is that the test
are borked because they are using the scratch registers and thus
unreliable, even more in the libpciaccess code path. But indeed, I agree
the message can be made more informative. Actually, I was about to
remove them altogether, but then changed my mind as this is likely not
the best thing to do.

Jon, can you please comment on that ?

Thanks for the review Benno. Did you do any runtime test ?

Regards,
Xavier