[Openchrome-devel] generate svnrelease.h on make dist

Benno Schulenberg bensberg
Mon Mar 17 16:03:12 PDT 2008

Xavier Bachelot wrote:
> Xavier Bachelot wrote:
> > I'd like to have make dist automagically generate a
> > svnrelease.h file that contains :
> > #define BUILDCOMMENT "(openchrome 0.2.901 release)\n"
>
> Ok, I solved this problem. Changeset 554 if anyone is interested.

Nice.  One thing, though: the final \n isn't needed, as it is tagged
on in via_driver.c.  See also the other BUILDCOMMENT defines.

> > configure.ac and src/via_driver.h are the only filers that
> > needs to be modified before a release

It would be nice if it were possible to break down VERSION into
VERSION_MAJOR, VERSION_MINOR, and PATCHLEVEL, so that configure.ac
can become the only place where the version number is defined.  But
in `info cpp` I can't find anything that looks like string
manipulation.

Hmm, the https://www.openchrome.org/trac/report link that is given
in configure.ac isn't working.  Should https be working on the
openchrome server?

Anyway, it's probably better to link to report/1, so the prospective
error reporter at once gets to see which bugs have already been
reported and doesn't have to go looking for this list first.

Benno